- Events/ Announcements
- :2003-09-02 To 2003-09-04
The purpose of the Meeting of Experts, is to discuss issues to be included in the standard
- :2003-08-19 To 2003-08-29
- :Chennai, India
It aims to:
1. provide participants with detailed and up-to-date information on international and regional processes of relevance to small-scale and artisanal fishworkers on issues related to fisheries management and other issues;
2. make available information and identify information sources on issues of priority, as identified by participant organizations;
3. strengthen capacity of participants to access, process and effectively use and exchange information and experiences.
- :2003-08-09 To 2003-08-13
- :Oaxaca, Mexico
The tenth biennial conference of the International Association for the Study of Common Property (IASCP). Panel discussions will center on a number of CPR-related issues, especially how communities and the resources they manage continue to adapt to, and are being changed by the globalisation process.
- :2003-07-23 To 2003-07-25
- :United Nations Headquarters, New York
The meeting is expected to review the implementation of the UN Fish Stocks Agreement, including the establishment of the Assistance Fund to assist developing States Parties.
- :2003-06-12 To 2003-06-14
- :Stockholm, Sweden
This three day conference will compare various property-rights regimes in the coastal zone, and their associated management systems, with a focus on the developed part of the world. It will also consider various policy instrument options and other formal or informal institutional solutions, in cases when property rights are difficult to defined or enforce.
- :2003-03-25 To 0000-00-00
- :Queenstown, New Zealand
The Ministry of Fisheries, New Zealand and the Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry, Australia, with the technical co-operation of the FAO, will hold an international, four day conference to identify and discuss the issues relating to present and future needs for science, governance and management of slope and deep sea fisheries.
- :2003-03-13 To 0000-00-00
A five day (13 July to 17 July 2003)conference focusing on four broad themes: Port and Harbour Management, Regional Land Management, Management Responses to Coastal Hazards and Management of Aquatic Resources. For more details about the conference
- :0000-00-00 To 0000-00-00
- :Bangkok, Thailand
The 3 day confernce will have sessions, workshops and discussions aimed at both the theoretical and the practical application. Special sessions will focus on: Shrimp Culture, Fish Culture, Mollusc Culture and Quality in Aquaculture.